Tuesday 1 March 2011

Ruth Ogunro

I am a fine art and textile artist, living in Bath and doing my BA degree in Creative arts at Bath Spa University.

Plastic Surgery, Scarification and Body painting inspire my artwork. My inflences are Marina Abramovic, Valie Export, Pippilotti Rist, Ana Medieta, Anne Maj Nafar, Cleo Mussi.

When starting a project, I pick a particular theme. I take photographs, photocopy from books, print information from the internet, do drawings, paintings, and collages in my sketchbook based on that theme. I try to use a variation of drawing materials such as paint, biro, tippex, ink, pastels and pencils. I research techniques used by other artists as well as artists who have a similar concepts to me. Then I do sketches of my ideas for my performance pieces in a separate sketchbook followed by doing the performance

In addition to using performance, I use painting. I paint images onto canvas and stitch into it. The canvas was taken off the frame, stitched on the machine and then reassembled. Aswell as doing Art, I do Textiles. I use mixed media techniques such as Print, Knit and Embroidery. For my recent work, I have created patterns inspired by images of Scarification which will be produced into knit, print, and embroidery samples, these samples will then be made into a rug inspired by American Folk Textiles.

I am also fascinated with the idea of sound art and the idea of how a particular atmosphere is created by the use of sound and the reaction shown by an audience when being subjected to a particular kind of noise.






ruthogunro@gmail.com
www.wix.com/ruthogunro/textilefineartist
eniolaruthogunro.blogspot.com
follow on twitter @rutho1989




No comments:

Post a Comment