Sunday 27 February 2011

Florentyna Butler

I explore human nature in my work; identity, relationships and the darker sides of life. I tend to create a narrative in my head with each piece, but it only gets loosely relayed into the work, because I like the audience to create their own stories and ideas about what is happening. Perhaps this means that my original meaning is completely lost sometimes, but I find it really interesting that perceptions can be so different from one person to the next.
I also work in design, where everything is almost the complete opposite of my art. I like to be inventive and creative but things still need to be easy to follow, neat and clean. I am currently undertaking a project where I hope to push the boundaries of how information is presented and explore different formats and ideas about what a publication actually is.



No comments:

Post a Comment