Sunday 27 February 2011

Stephanie Robinson

I enjoy a challenge when I work, and often find that challenge by creating a project which is meticulous from start to finish. I am not tied to any particular area of art, and enjoy sculpture and textiles as well as ceramics. I am interested in detail, texture and colour, and try to use materials that are unusual but inexpensive and can be found in the everyday household. People often comment on my patience when carrying out a project, as
particularly in sculpture my tasks are very repetitive.
This is a quote by Leontyne Price which closely reflects my views on creating art:

"Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the Old-fashioned way. Stay up really late and burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises."


No comments:

Post a Comment